Depression Treatment – Depression Therapy –
Symptoms/Signs of Depression
Have you lost the joy and enthusiasm for life that you once had?
Do you feel sad, melancholic, joyless, tired, or lethargic and require great effort to do small tasks?
Do you experience your life as being meaninglessness and pointlessness or experience a painful void and emptiness in your stomach?
Are you disheartened because you feel disconnected from a higher purpose or from your spiritual nature?
Do you ever think about ending your life?
Are you considering but you are not sure where to begin?
If you experience some of these feelings you may be exhibiting signs of depression.
If you are interested in depression treatment, depression therapy, depression counseling, or how to recognize the signs of depression, you are in the right place
Some of the Challenges and Symptoms/Signs of
Melancholy or depression takes away the joy of living, bringing darkness and hopelessness in your life.
The activities and people that once made you happy now feel empty and meaningless.
Most of your energy is gone so it is difficult to take the initial steps to get help.
Everything you do seems to require great effort because you feel heavy and tired as if you were covered by a wet blanket.
On a biological level, depression can cause lower levels of serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine in the brain. Prolong deficiency of these chemicals can cause difficulties with memory, obsessive thoughts, suicidal thinking, compulsive and aggressive behavior, lack of motivation, mood swings, insomnia, slow reaction time, and inability to feel pleasure.
If you feel depressed or have some of these signs/symptoms of depression, know that there is effective depression treatment that can help you to overcome your depression.
Treating different types and levels of depression: A
comprehensive type of depression counseling and
The best approach to treating anxiety identifies the type of depression you may have based on your symptoms or signs of depression, the causes of your depression, and creates deep inner resources. This is,
A Comprehensive Transpersonal Depression Treatment
This type of depression therapy works on two main fronts: addressing the depression itself (which may have psychological and biological causes) and developing resources that bring stamina and energy into your life that help and support you in the healing process. Addressing the depression while creating strong inner resources makes depression treatment less challenging and more effective because it gives you support and energy when you feel lacking those.
1) Transpersonal Depression Therapy helps you address the challenges of depression, which may be due to common causes such as,
- Relationship or romantic difficulties
- Work related problems, financial troubles, or unemployment
- Being in a difficult household
- Childhood or adolescence problems (academic stress, peer pressure, not fitting in, social anxiety, parents divorcing, low self-esteem)
- Harsh self-criticism or perfectionism
- Lack of Vitamin D or Thyroid problem
2) Transpersonal depression therapy also addresses depression caused by existential challenge. Some of the signs or symptoms of depression on the existential level are,
- Feeling that life is meaningless, pointless, or without purpose
- General feelings of discontent or dissatisfaction
- Disillusionment about life
- Midlife crisis
3) But there is more, if the following applies to you or have interest, transpersonal depression therapy can include depression linked to spirituality. This can occur to spiritual practitioners while they are engaging in meditation, contemplation, mindful prayer, when having a difficult spiritual experience, or during a crisis of faith. Transpersonal depression therapy helps you treat this type of depression with very effective tools that can hinder your spiritual progress. Some of these signs of depression could be connected to:
- You could experience the sadness of having and then losing spiritual experiences or the melancholy of being disconnected from you spiritual nature.
- You could be experiencing an all-pervasive feelings of sorrow as if you were feeling the suffering of whole world.
- You may touch into a feeling of infinite emptiness that makes you feel as if you were going to die, go crazy, or disappear into oblivion.
- You could experience a spiritual emergency.
- Your faith could be challenged by life experiences, by your community or difficult feelings toward God such as feeling angry, betrayed, or abandoned by God.
If these experiences are not addressed and you do not find ways to explore and overcome them they may hinder your spiritual progress, create a blind spot, or prevent you from staying connected to your spiritual nature or bring it into the world. Please refer to this the link spiritual crisis for a detail discussion on spiritual challenges and spiritual trauma, or to spiritual development and spiritual integration to learn more about spiritual growth.
Transpersonal depression counseling addresses different levels of depression, and different signs/symptoms of depression that range from the subtle to the intense.
You may have concerns about therapy, depression
treatment, or your symptoms/signs of depression…
- What if my depression is biological or hereditary, can a transpersonal depression treatment help? Well, research in depression treatment shows that nature and nurture cannot be looked at separately. It appears that our unique experience of the environment stimulates our genes in a specific ways, and our unique genes affect our perceptions of the environment. The two go hand-in-hand and cannot be separated. Moreover, research shows that psychological and mindfulness based work can change brain chemistry. Therefore, by working on both the psychological and biological triggers of depression one can actually substantially improve or even resolve depression completely.
- I feel depressed, I want to end my life, there is no way out for me. I believe that treatment for depression won’t help. Deep depression can be very difficult. Often, when we are suicidal is because we do not think there is a way out of our present situation. May be you you are tired with life and its struggles. Maybe, you think that you did something that is unforgivable, or something that will end your marriage and your relationship with your kids. Maybe you feel terribly ashamed and afraid. These feelings and situations can be extremely difficult; yet, what can seem insurmountable to oneself, can become manageable with the support of someone else. I invite you to try depression treatment not just because I say so, but also because research has shown that depression treatment have helped many people managed and surmount depression.
- Will I have to work hard to overcome my depression during the depression treatment? Change takes work, but with the right support, the work is not burdensome. I will support you in your healing process, help you find your courage, energy, and strength, and help you get in touch with deep resources that will make the process of facing your depression more manageable. Together we will work toward overcoming your depression.
A Real Life Example of Transpersonal Depression Therapy
Mary (her name and identifiable factors have been changed) suffered from clinical and existential depression. She felt hopeless and had deep feelings of emptiness and meaninglessness in her life.
Mary and I worked on regaining energy, strength, and hope in order to face her depression. While doing that I also helped Mary find the deeper cause of her depression. By addressing the cause and using tool to address her specific type of depression Mary was able to overcome her depression and find the joy to live again. Not only that, she also found purpose and meaning.
Today, Mary is free from depression. She got her life back. She wakes up energized, she is actively engaged with her partner and kids, and she went back to school to work toward a career she has always dreamed of.
Call me today for a free consultation or try a therapy
session with no financial obligations
I can help you find ways to manage or overcome your depression. In therapy I create a compassionate, warm, friendly and safe atmosphere where you can feel supported, comfortable, and at ease. Moreover, I tailor my approach to your needs, background, psychological make-up, and belief system to make therapy the most effective possible.
On a technical note, I use the psychological and neuroscientific tools to address depression, and I use the wisdom of Eastern and Western philosophies and spiritual traditions to help you develop mindfulness techniques.
Together we can find the best way for you to manage and overcome your depression.
You can call me for a free consultation (the phone number is at the very top and bottom of this page) or you can click on the green button below “Get Started Today” to find out about trying the first therapy session with me with no financial obligation. You can also learn more about me or email me to ask questions or to set up and appointment.
Regardless if you choose me as your therapist or not, I strongly recommend reading the Free Report “The 3 Keys for Choosing the Right Therapist for You” (you can download it here). This Free Report aims to empower you as a client by helping you evaluate your therapy and therapist. People have found it very helpful to learn specific ways on how to determine if their therapist is a good fit for them and can really help them, or if they are actually wasting their time because some therapy key-factors are missing and they actually need to change therapist.
“When I contacted you on the phone, I was pleasantly surprised to hear your Italian accent. You warmth and smile were very welcoming. In therapy, you helped me, hands-on, with my challenges with anxiety and depression, which I had been stuck in for years. That gave me hope. I also have to say that, your warm human connection, kind heart, and skills made therapy look like something I was looking forward every week instead of dreading it. In fact, therapy was not heavy despite the difficult feelings I was facing–it was actually restorative. Through your support and my commitment to therapy, I was able to overcome these very difficult challenges. Thank you Igor. I wish people knew that there is hope even when they feels like there isn’t.”. Client, Denver CO
“Igor is well trained in cutting-edge, research-based therapies. With his compassionate heart and presence, Igor is gifted at helping clients find resources to face even the most difficult challenges and develop healthier cognitive patterns and behaviors. Clients love Igor’s warmth, openness and innovation.” Tasha Medley MA, M.Ed., LPC, NCC, RPT — Psychotherapist, Boulder, CO
“Igor Giusti is a profoundly gifted healer and spiritual guide. His deep knowledge of different styles of therapy is balanced by an equally deep knowledge of spiritual practice and literature. He really does practice what he teaches – integrating the mind, heart, and body together in a life dedicated to spiritual realization. He has studied extensively and done lengthy retreats. I know personally from working with him and observing him that his clinical perception is extremely precise and his responses very accurate and effective. He has clarity and intelligence, is heartful, caring, and also dedicated, strong, and incisive when needed. I can’t think of a better guide in the process of getting
to know one’s inner nature and bringing it into the world.” Josh Medley MA, NCC, LPC — Psychotherapist, Boulder, CO
“Igor is, first and foremost, a fine, sensitive human being, with a heightened self-awareness as well as a deep sense of compassion for other people. There is also a deep inner quiet about him, perhaps developed in his meditation practice. In addition to these aspects of emotional intelligence, empathy, self-awareness, and presence, he has a fine sense of humor.” Deepesh Faucheux — Adjunct Professor and Psychotherapist, Boulder, CO
“Igor’s greatest gifts are his somatic intelligence and compassionate heart. He is surprisingly attuned to the inner realm of sensations and feelings. He relates to the world from a spiritual and somatic felt sense, rather than from his mind alone. This makes him highly capable in guiding clients to become more embodied, in touch with their feelings, and grounded in their spiritual experiences while living in the world.” Les McAllan PhD — Retired Professor and Psychologist, Prescott AZ
Igor has a warm, open, and attentive presence. His warm listening capacity, keen curiosity, psychological depth, and insight are palpable. Igor is a transpersonally trained psychotherapist with group and individual experience, as well as a participant-explorer in other types of contemplative and psychological intra- and inter-personal work. He has great value for and emphasis on the body and his adept somatic awareness is evident by the way he can articulate—and help others get in touch with and articulate—bodily, emotional, and mental experiences. In general I would say Igor is a
grateful and joyful person. His affectionate and joyful nature make him desirable and delightful to be around. Jason Appt — Assistant Professor and Psychotherapist, Boulder CO